|Spring Clean Your Eating Habits|
|Wednesday, April 06, 2011|
Just like clutter in your closet, extra weight can creep up on you during the winter. Now that spring has arrived, it’s the perfect time to clean up your diet. To help shed unwanted pounds and confidently slip into your favorite shorts, follow these tips to “spring clean” your eating habits:
1. Keep a food diary. Writing down what you eat helps you become more aware of food choices and less likely to eat mindlessly.
2. Use smaller plates and bowls. You’ll save calories by dishing up smaller portions automatically.
3. Reorganize your kitchen pantry. Store tempting foods in out-of-sight and hard-to-reach places – or don’t buy them!
4. Eat in season. This time of year brings strawberries, asparagus, and spinach to local farms. Wash produce when you bring it home so it’s ready to grab.
5. Choose snacks with one ingredient. For example, munch on a handful of almonds instead of a nut-flavored protein bar, or grab a banana in place of a banana muffin. You’ll dodge the added sugar and sodium found in many processed foods.
To jumpstart your spring weight loss, consider Kennedy’s LifeSteps Weight management program. The knowledge and tools you’ll learn can help you successfully manage your weight through every season.