Monday, August 12, 2013
The Kennedy Health System presents Vital Signs 2013 a free, interactive healthcare workshop and luncheon for physicians and office managers. Join us October 23, 2013 at Lucien's Manor in Berlin, NJ and learn about HIPAA requirements, compliance and more.
- Led by Helen Oscislawski, Esq., healthcare attorney specializing in HIPAA and a Governor-appointed member of the NJ Health Information Technology (HIT) Commission
- 2013 HIPAA Update - What You Need to Know
- Learn what KPMG will look for if they audit you for HIPAA compliance.
- Don't repeat the mistakes others have made! Learn what OCR has told other organizations to do to fix their HIPAA shortcomings in its Resolution Agreements in exchange for not being assessed penalties.
- Break HIPAA down to the basics and understand the 4 critical components of an effective HIPAA compliance program.
Key HITECH Changes
- Get the list of changes you need to make to your compliance documents, processes and HIPAA compliance program in order to comply with the final HITECH Rule.
- Learn how to approach Security Breaches and Notification post-HITECH, including when is an incident a "Breach," who do you need to notify and how, and how to deal with Business Associates (BAs).
- Understand who is your Business Associate, what you are responsible for and what your BA is responsible for; and when do your BAs have to be updated for HITECH.
- Understand when penalties may be assessed, and how to position your organization for an absolute defense against being assessed HIPAA penalties.
Meaningful Use, HIT and HIE
- Understand the Meaningful Use privacy and security requirements.
- Get an overview of approaches to deal with challenges and issues related to technology in healthcare, including use of email, social media, e-prescribing and connecting to other providers and networks!
Questions are welcomed! Please submit your question before the event during registration.
Click here to register online.