Jefferson Health in New Jersey Awards
- All three hospitals received “A” grades in the Fall and Spring 2017 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade, our seventh consecutive “A” rating.
- Jefferson Stratford Hospital was named a 2017 Leapfrog Top Teaching Hospital, a prestigious distinction less than 40 hospitals received nationwide.
- Named a 2017-18 Best Hospital in the South Jersey Region by U.S. News & World Report for high performance in three clinical areas: Heart Failure, Colon Cancer Surgery and COPD. Of more than 4,500 hospitals evaluated, only 10% can call themselves a “Best Regional Hospital.”
- The Comprehensive Breast Center in Washington Township achieved three-year full accreditation from the American College of Surgeons’ National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC).
- Home Health Care was honored with its 2nd consecutive Fazzi Associates Patient Satisfaction Award of Distinction, presented to agencies in the top 25% nationally.
- All three hospitals earned the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award.
- Jefferson Health New Jersey was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the 5th consecutive year, based on employee feedback.
- The Department of Radiation Oncology, based at the Cancer Center, earned three-year accreditation from the American College of Radiology (ACR).
- The Comprehensive Diabetes Education Program was awarded the prestigious American Diabetes Association (ADA) Education Recognition Certificate for quality diabetes self-management education.
Jefferson Health in New Jersey Accreditations & Designations
Jefferson Health Cherry Hill Hospital, Jefferson Health Stratford Hospital and Jefferson Health Washington Township
- Accredited by The Joint Commission
- Accredited by The American Osteopathic Association
- Accredited as an American Heart Association Training Center for Basic Life Support CPR, Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Named one of the Nation's Top Performers on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission (TJC) in 2013 for its achievement on the following measure sets: heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care.
Jefferson Health Washington Township Hospital
- Designated as a New Jersey State Comprehensive Stroke Center.
Jefferson Health Cherry Hill Hospital and Jefferson Health Stratford Hospital
- Designated as a New Jersey State Primary Stroke Center (Cherry Hill, Stratford).
Jefferson Health – Bariatric Surgery Program (Surgical Weight Loss Program)
- Accredited through the National Metabolic Bariatric Surgery and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) as a Comprehensive Center.
Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center — Washington Township
- Accreditation with Commendation from the American College of Surgeons (ACoS) Commission on Cancer (CoC) and full accreditation designation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC).
Jefferson Health – Behavioral Health
- The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for accreditation by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission’s national standards for healthcare quality and safety. The accreditation awards recognize Kennedy’s dedication to continuous compliance with The Joint Commission’s state-of-the-art standards. (2013)
Jefferson Health – Home Care
- The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for accreditation by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission’s national standards for health care quality and safety. The accreditation recognizes Kennedy’s dedication to continuous compliance with The Joint Commission’s state-of-the-art standards. (2013)
Jefferson Health – Medical Imaging Services
- Accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) for CT, MRI, Ultrasound and Mammography at Kennedy hospital locations.
- Accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Nuclear Medicine Laboratories (ICANL) at Kennedy hospital locations.
- Accredited by the ICANL for PET/CT at Kennedy Outpatient Imaging Center.
- American College of Radiology Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, holding accreditations in Ultrasound – Breast, Ultrasound - Breast Biopsy, and Stereotactic Breast Biopsy Imaging Services.
Jefferson Health – Surgery Center
- Accredited by The Joint Commission and the American Osteopathic Association.
Jefferson Health – Sleep Centers
- Accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
Jefferson Health – Laboratory Services
- Accredited through the internationally recognized College of American Pathologists (CAP), and the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), administered through the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Jefferson Health – Maternal-Fetal Medicine Unit (Washington Township)
- Accredited in Obstetric Ultrasound through the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM).
Jefferson Health – Child & Adolescent Inpatient Mental Health Unit (CAPU)
- Designated as a Children’s Crisis Intervention Service by the NJ Division of Children’s Behavioral Health Services.
Jefferson Health – Adult Inpatient Mental Health Unit
- Designated as Short-Term Care Facility by the NJ Division of Mental Health & Addiction Services.
Jefferson Health – Dialysis Program
- 5 Diamond Patient Safety Status from Quality Insights Renal Network Three (QIRN3) in recognition of patient safety and quality care.
- Two-star recipient, Baxter’s Pursuit of Excellence Program for Peritoneal Dialysis quality standards.
Jefferson Health – STAT Transport
- Certified in the Safe Handling of Bariatric Patients by transport equipment manufacturer, TransSafe, Inc. NJ State Safety Council Defensive Driving sub-agency.
Jefferson Health – Diabetes Control Outpatient Education Program
- Recognition status by American Diabetes Association for Diabetes Self-Management Education
Jefferson Health in New Jersey Affiliations & Partnerships
- Primary Teaching Hospital of Rowan University-School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM), formerly UMDNJ-SOM
- Affiliated with The Rothman Institute