A Message to Our Valued Patients & Visitors
The $200-million Jefferson Washington Township Hospital Expansion Project is moving forward, with the new parking garage opening in Spring of 2019!
We want to share important dates and changes to patient and visitor parking areas that will occur as a result of current construction plans.
Beginning Tuesday, October 16, 2018:
- Limited parking for patients and visitors is available at the main entrance parking lot.
- Free valet parking service will be offered from 5:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. daily.
- It is strongly recommended that patients and visitors use the free valet service for their parking convenience.
- The main entrance will remain open throughout construction.
Please note: Emergency Department access will not change.
If you have questions or comments, please call 856-582-2500.
Official "Groundbreaking" Ceremony
Joseph W. Devine, FACHE, President, New Jersey Division, and Executive Vice President of Hospital & Health Services at Jefferson Health; Dr. Stephen Klasko, President & CEO of Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health; Jefferson Health - New Jersey board members; project architects; and elected officials break ground on the new Jefferson Washington Township Hospital expansion project.
Phase I Components
• New, 800-plus, 8-level enclosed parking facility, free to patients and visitors
(with an additional 340 surface parking spaces)
• Phase 1 Launch: April 2018; Anticipated Completion: Spring 2019
• Phase 1 Anticipated Cost: $23 million
Phase 2 Components
New, 7-floor Patient Tower with 60 private patient rooms (with space for 60 additional
private patient rooms in the future)
• New Main Hospital Entrance
• New, spacious, 2-story light-filled Hospital Lobby with a café and other visitor amenities
• New Hospital Cafeteria with outdoor seating
• New Same-Day Surgery Unit & Recovery Room (PACU)
• New Central Processing Distribution Center (CPD)
• Phase 2 Launch: March 2019; Anticipated Completion: Spring 2021
• Phase 2 Anticipated Cost: $182 million