Healthy Eats Holidays - Recipes with Lindsay Friel
In contribution to the New Jersey Hospital Association's #HealthyEatsHolidays campaign, Lindsay Friel, MS, RDN, Bariatric Dietician, has shared the following healthy recipes, perfect for any holiday celebration!
View the full recipes below!
Warm Farro & Roasted Vegetable Salad
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 cups Farro (or Quinoa)
- 16 oz. of Baby Bella mushrooms; quartered
- Asparagus, sliced diagonally
- Fresh Thyme
- 1/2 cup Goat cheese (or Feta)
- Toasted pine nuts (optional)
- 4 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tsp. Honey Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp. EVOO
- 1 garlic clove; minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Chop cauliflower and mushrooms and toss in EVOO, balsamic, salt, and pepper.
- Roast at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
- Prepare farro as directed on the package using water or vegetable broth for added flavor.
- Use fork and 1 tbsp. EVOO to fluff the farro.
- Combine ingredients with dressing.
- Garnish with goat cheese, pine nuts and fresh thyme!
Super Simple Balsamic Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup pomegranate arils
- Cut brussels in half. Toss with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, black pepper, and a pinch of salt.
- Roast at 375 for 20-25 minutes, tossing in between.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds.
To check out more healthy holiday eats from healthcare professionals, click here.
Learn more about our Nutrition Services and Specialists, here.