- What motivates teens to engage in prescription drug abuse? Ultimately their desire for getting high outweighs their perception of the risks.
- 12 to 17 year olds abuse prescription drugs more than they abuse ecstasy, crack/cocaine, heroin and methamphetamine combined.
- Sixty percent of teens who abuse prescription pain killers did so before age 15.
- There are as many new abusers (age 12 to 17) of prescription drugs as there are of marijuana.
- Every day 2,500 teenages use a prescription drug to get high for the first time.
Speaker: William J. Lynch, Jr., Clinical Pharmacist, Kennedy University Hospital, UMDNJ-SOM
This program is sponsored by S.C.O.P.E., Kennedy Health System & the Cherry Hill Mayor's Wellness Campaign