Why Choose the Digestive Health Services at Kennedy?
Kennedy Digestive Health Services are led by a team of highly trained gastroenterologists, nurses and technicians and offers answers to your digestive issues, including:
- Advanced Diagnostic Tests
- State-of-the-art Equipment and Treatment Rooms
- Personalized Care
- Minimally Invasive Procedures
- A Multidisciplinary Approach
A Team Approach
Working with Kennedy's Radiology, Pathology, and Surgery departments, Kennedy's Digestive Health Services use innovative and specialized techniques for diagnosing complex disorders of the digestive tract, including the pancreas, bile ducts and liver. Each patient is cared for by a board-certified gastroenterologist and our highly skilled support team, all of whom are committed to providing comfort, answers, options, and results.
Advanced Diagnostic Capabilities
Kennedy's Digestive Health Services use the most advanced diagnostic techniques available, including:
- High-definition (HD) Digital Imaging Endoscopes: Produces images of superb quality and detail, allowing your physician to identify lesions that may have been otherwise undetectable.
- Olympus EVIS EXERA II Video System: Uses high-definition and narrow-band imaging, for gastroscopies and colonoscopies. It produces an impressive 1080 lines of resolution—more than twice the number of scan lines used by conventional systems, offering your physician breathtaking images with a high level of detail and color for diagnostic purposes.
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS): An advanced diagnostic tool used to examine the lining and walls of the upper and lower gastrointestinal tract and nearby organs such as the pancreas, liver and gallbladder. Often used for diagnosis and staging of digestive disorders, including cancers, evaluation of chronic pancreatitis, evaluation of bile duct abnormalities and evaluation of nodules in the intestinal wall.
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP): A technique that combines the use of endoscopy and fluoroscopy to diagnose and treat certain problems of the biliary or pancreatic ductal systems. Through the endoscope, the physician can see the inside of the stomach and duodenum, and inject dyes into the ducts in the biliary tree and pancreas so they can be seen on x-rays.
- Small Bowel Enteroscopy: Uses an oral or rectal approach that enables physicians to perform both diagnostic and therapeutic techniques within the small bowel without the need of an open surgical procedure.
If you have any additional questions about our center or our capabilities, please call 856-218-5422.
Kennedy Health Digestive Health Services
540 Egg Harbor Road
Sewell, 08080 NJ